Friday 8 October 2010

Newsprint U-Turn

I can hear my Stampin' Up! upline, Helen, chuckling away at this moment, and saying "I told you so!". When I first got my hands on the new Newsprint DSP I was very disappointed because I felt the images on the papers were too large for card making, and I just couldn't see how I was going to use it. How wrong I was ......

I have been covering little notebooks since a few years BSU (Before Stampin' Up!) and decided to take a deep breath and get out the Newsprint DSP. As Real Red cardstock was already on my desk I used that too along with the new Basic Black 3mm taffeta ribbon. The flower is made using the Boho Blossoms punch.



Of course, me being me, I couldn't leave it there and had to make this to go with it. Real Red CS, Newsprint DSP but this time I used the Real Red satin ribbon. The satin ribbons are my favourite at the moment because they tie beautifully.



As I have a craft fair coming up on Saturday (did I tell you about it?!!!!) I have made quite a few of the pencil boxes and matching notebooks. The good thing about having a notebook fetish is that if my notebooks don't sell I can use them myself!!! Hmmm, maybe I will conveniently forget to take them with me ..............

Hope to see you in Leicester!!!

Kelly

1 comment:

I love receiving your kind (hopefully!) comments. They mean so much!