Wednesday 3 March 2010

Crackled Touch of Nature



I've been wanting to have a go at this technique for a long time and I really like it.

The Chocolate Chip base card measure 14cm square and the Very Vanilla layer is 13cm square. I stamped the gorgeous Bella Toile background stamp in Chocolate Chip onto the Vanilla layer, colouring it slightly with Old Olive ink and I then wrapped a piece of Chocolate Chip striped grosgrain ribbon around it before attaching it to the base card. The bird image is taken from the Touch of Nature stamp set and stamped with Chocolate Chip ink onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card. I coloured the bird and leaves with Old Olive and a little Creamy Caramel. Out came the Big Shot to die cut the image and a contrasting Old Olive piece.

The Die cut image was covered with Versamark and then embossed using clear embossing powder five times. After the last layer I left it to cool and then put it in the freezer for about half an hour. Had a cup of tea and a couple of biscuits!! Once out of the freezer the nerve-wracking moment had come - I started to gently bend the image and was quite surprised how easy the embossed glaze cracked. As the image was a bit mishapen after being heated, frozen and bent(!!) I had to attach it to the Old Olive layer using super-strong Sticky Strip tape and then popped the whole thing up on dimensionals on the front of the card.

Phew, would I do it again?..............definitely!

1 comment:

I love receiving your kind (hopefully!) comments. They mean so much!