Tuesday 17 November 2009

First Workshop

I was really flattered to be asked by a lovely lady, Angie, if I would do a workshop with the craft group she goes to. I was really nervous as it was my first 'Official' Stampin' Up party away from the comfort of my craft room!!

It all went really well and lots of ladies kindly placed orders. Angie got a hostess set and benefits from the catalogue - she was really pleased!!

As it was my first time, I kept the demos really simple. The first was a Fresh Cuts Notelet and the Fresh Cuts stamp set (because it is part of the Christmas Extravaganza). I used the poppin' pastel technique which the ladies loved.

I then went on to make a sour cream container with the Sunny Days Simply Scrappin' kit (also part of the Christmas Extravaganza). Got lots of 'oooooohs' for that. Unfortunately it suffered a fatal accident on the way home, so I cannot take a photograph of it.


The next demo was also my 'Make and Take'. When I was playing around with this I couldn't decide whether to use Old Olive or Real Red as the card base - in the end I went for the Real Red. I used the stamp set Sparkly and Bright (which I was not all that keen on at first but now love it) and the co-ordinating jumbo Stampin' Around wheel 'Sparkling'.



The ladies had a great time making this card. Some had never stamped before and one lady had never even made a card before!!

1 comment:

I love receiving your kind (hopefully!) comments. They mean so much!