Thursday 1 July 2010

If it ain't Baroque, don't fix it..........

Corny I know...................



You know how you get those annoying adverts that flash on and off on some websites? This is where I got the inspiration for this card, it was actually a pile of cushions, but, hey, I'll take inspiration from anywhere at the moment!!

My base card is Certainly Celery with a Whisper White insert. On a piece of Basic Black I have stamped the swirl from Baroque Motifs in Versamark and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. A knot of the gorgeous black and white striped grosgrain was added around the black card before I attached it to the card front. The flower and the circle it sits on is made using Whisper White, Certainly Celery and Basic Black cardstock circles, punched out using a variety of Stampin' Up! circle punches. The circles for the flower were scrunched up and attached together with a Crystal brad in the centre. The greeting is from Pocket Silhouettes stamp set punched out with the Word Window punch.

The photo looks a bit skewiff, but I was trying to get the light shining on the embossing. You should know by now that photography is not my strong point!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the card... and the title made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your kind (hopefully!) comments. They mean so much!