Friday 30 April 2010

Bloomin' with Beauty

I am sorry for the recent absence, after my classes last week I was in complete crafting meltdown - does that ever happen to you? When the delivery came yesterday this beautiful stamp set was part of it. Suddenly I had the urge to get in my craft room again!!



This stamp set has been overlooked for a long time as I couldn't decide if I liked it or not, but, after getting some freebies after my last order, I thought "Why not give it a go". Boy, am I pleased with it. As I was making this card ideas kept popping into my head (probably won't remember them all!!).

This diamond topped card is an old design now, but just looking at that pot of flowers made me realise that this stamp set was made for it. I used Elegant Eggplant for the card base with a layer of Handsome Hunter and the stamped images are on Very Vanilla.

It uses a whole sheet of A4 scored in half down the length. For the top diamond, score straight across the width at 10.5cm and from this score line mark 3.5cm down the centre score line. To form the underneath of the diamond mark along the long edges from the bottom up at 11.5cm, score from this mark up to the 3.5cm mark on the centre score line (on both sides). Fold the card in half along the length and open out. Fold the 10.5cm top to the inside of the card and then fold along the diagonal score lines back on itself.

That should be it.................. I think! I am not very good at blog tutorials as I talk with my hands a lot!!

All Items Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Bloomin' with Beauty

Card: Elegant Eggplant, Handsome Hunter, Very Vanilla

Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Handsome Hunter, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Close to Cocoa

Mat Pack and Paper Piercer

1 comment:

  1. It may be an old design to you.... but to a fancy fold-challenged stamper like me, it's new and exciting! I love your card and I, too, have overlooked that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your kind (hopefully!) comments. They mean so much!