Tuesday 1 December 2009

Merry Moments wreath


It has taken me a very long time to get my head around this. I found a foam wreath ring at the NEC and have sat looking at it since then. I finally plucked up courage to start it, the hardest part was deciding 'Do I punch out scallop ovals and hope they look hollyish?' or 'Do I draw out all the leaves and cut them out with scissors?'.
The first thing I had to do was cover the whole ring with thin strips of Garden Green CS using PVA - never again!!! I used the Scallop Oval punch (!) to punch out Garden Green and Merry Moments leaves which I scored down the centre and then sponged with Creamy Caramel ink around the edges. The poinsettia-style flowers were punched with two of the 5 Petal Punch and layered with flowers from the Flower Fusion and they were all joined using brads. A bow of 5/8 Real Red grosgrain finished it off.
Would I make another one - not a chance!! Well, ask me next year ........

8 comments:

  1. It's stunning Kelly!!!! Just don't put it out on a rainy front door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word that is just beautiful!! well done you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely BRILLIANT! I can never think of 3D things like this, makes my brain hurt too much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Worth all the hard work....it's wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your kind (hopefully!) comments. They mean so much!